The Pettersson's

The Pettersson's
January 2016

Friday, December 4, 2009

It's our privilege!


“What a privilege it is to be able to go to the temple, where we may experience the sanctifying influence of the Spirit of the Lord. Great service is given when we perform vicarious ordinances for those who have gone beyond the veil… and in that process we attain that which comes of no other effort: we literally become saviors on Mount Zion. As our Savior gave His life as a vicarious sacrifice for us, so we, in some small measure, do the same when we perform proxy work in the temple for those who have no means of moving forward unless something is done for them by those of us here on the earth.”


-President Thomas S. Monson
“Until We Meet Again”
Ensign, May 2009


This is a great quote from President Thomas S. Monson. I loved how he said that we will literally be Savior's on Mount Zion. We are saving those who have passed on and in some small measure we are doing what the Savior did.I have had a wonderful experiences these last couple of days. Today in my family history lab, it was our last time meeting together. It was really sad because the lab tutors taught us how to use new family search, PAF, attaching images, and how to research. Getting into Family History has been an amazing experience. I have found those that need to get ordinances done. I have found those that have been lost for hundreds of years. A girl made a comment on when you do your own family names or even temple names. She said when you are in the waiting room in the temple waiting to do baptisms, think about the people who you are saving. Imagine them sitting next to you and their excitement. One thing that I have learned is to Respect Living Family Members Wishes. It is an important to make sure that you do not offend a family member, aunts, uncles, etc... We don't want to hurt any ones feelings. This is important.
I AM SO CLOSE!
I am so close to do baptisms for those who I have been researching! It is just around the corner. They have been waiting for hundreds of years to have the opportunity to receive the gospel. It is my responsibly and opportunity to make sure that I am worthy to do their work! They are waiting and they are cheering for us!
Yesterday I did baptisms in the Rexburg Temple. I haven't been there for awhile because I have been home for the weekends and for the holidays! It was nice to come back here. I actually went after my writing class. It was different because I was up and awake. I usually go in the mornings but this time I went in the afternoon. There was a huge difference and the feeling I felt. I saw and realized things that I have never thought of before. When you are alert and awake, the spirit will be there to inspire you!
Here are a couple of quotes from Pres. Gordon B. Hinckley that I heard in a couple of my family history labs that have made such a difference in my life.

“There is no greater blessing that you can have than to stand as a proxy in a great service to those who have gone beyond."
“And it will be your privilege and your opportunity and your responsibility to live worthy to go to the temple of the Lord and be baptized in behalf of someone else."

-President Gordon B. Hinckley
“Inspirational Thoughts,” Ensign, Apr. 2002, p. 4

“The work so performed is both remarkable and singular. It is a great work of love…”
-President Gordon B. Hinckley
“Temples and Temple Work,” Ensign, Apr. 2002, p. 4

No comments:

Post a Comment