The Pettersson's

The Pettersson's
January 2016

Monday, July 21, 2014

Decision Making

Making decisions has always been so hard for me.
Well the past couple of weeks have been FULL of decision making.
What I would like to talk about is the decisions about whether or not to get a job or not.
So I was kind of in a rut the last couple of months! I didn't know what I wanted to do. I knew I needed to get a job. I just didn't want to. So I didn't really look around. This past week, I was offered three jobs... I wasn't really ready for that!
First, I had the opportunity to be an Intern for Up With Kids! I did Up With Kids for 13 years. I loved it and I grew so much. It was such a great experience. I was really excited about it, but I got a feeling that I shouldn't do it. I don't know why. I just knew I wasn't supposed to do it right now.
I felt so bad because I was so excited and already went to the first teachers meeting.

Second, that same day I was asked if I wanted to work as the front secretary at a dental office. I was excited because it was different. I also wanted to help my friend out. It was just a temporary position though.
Third, my mother in law asked me to go with her to a job fair for a charter school called APA. It was definitely last minute. I decided to go. My husband said that it wouldn't hurt to go, so I went.  I didn't want to go. His mom picked me up and it ended up not being so bad after all. I actually became really excited about it. I was also very nervous. I didn't realize we would have interviews right then. I was nervous, but I think I did pretty good. After the fair was over, I came back home and was so confused. I didn't know what to do. I had three totally different opportunities that would have a great impact on my life.
So the next morning, I found out that I was offered the job at APA. I was so excited! I felt really good about it :)
I talked with my husband, family, and close friend to help me decide what to do! It was really important because like I said, it would deeply impact my life. Even if this is only temporary until we can start our family.
I prayed and prayed. I fasted. I went to the temple.
I got my answer.
 I had to let the others know that I wouldn't be able to work with them because I got another job offer. That was the hardest part for me.
I felt guilty because I had already said I would help them out.
But I had to do what was best for me and my family.
So I decided to take the offer at APA. The American Preparatory Academy.
I am excited for this new adventure! I am also very nervous!
:)
I start next month!
SO I only have a couple of weeks to play then I need to go to work!
_________________________________
So other updates:
We were able to keep Pippin :) ( The baby kitten)- she is a little brat, but she is adorable
Preston is enjoying his job and is doing really well!
I was able to go on Trek and had an awesome experience!
I did my first batch of INDEXING! so much fun and addicting
Went to the splash pad a couple of times!
Went camping and hiking
Had Lani's Hawaiian Ice for the first time!
Went to the Jump and Bounce for Cam's birthday
Mom and Dad are loving their mission
Dad got called to be the assistant district leader! (I think) :)
oh , Preston and I got called to serve in the NURSERY :)

I can't think of anything else, but I hope to post more often.
I also want to write about some trips, our proposal story, honeymoon, anniversaries, anything that I can think of! I don't want to forget or loose these experiences! So I will be writing about them hopefully soon!

1 comment: